5 Unique and Meaningful Retirement Gifts
Retirement is an exciting chapter of life worth celebrating. Retirees have the pleasure of enjoying their newfound free time, pursuing hobbies, volunteering, traveling, spending time with loved ones and reflecting on their years of hard work and service. For most retirees, a meaningful gift from their company is an important part of this life transition. However, while the gratitude and sentiment behind the gift is the most important thing, you’ll want to choose something useful and appropriate. The gift should be well designed, customized, and unique to the individual retiring.
As you plan your company’s next retirement celebration, consider these gift ideas for the guest of honor:
- A Compliment to Their Hobbies: What’s a person to do with an extra 40 hours in their week? Pursue their favorite hobbies, of course! Try gifting a set of golf clubs, tennis racket, or a fishing pole to your sports-minded retirees, wine glasses for the budding sommelier, or a scratch-off travel map or travel journal for the globe-trotter.
- A Nice Clock or Watch: An elegant timepiece is always a thoughtful choice for the retiring colleague. A stylish watch with an engraved “thank you” message can serve as a useful token of appreciation. If watches aren’t their style, consider an engraved trophy with a clock insert. With the ability to engrave the recipient’s name, years of service, a thank you message, or a company logo, you can easily create a thoughtful statement piece that can be displayed in your colleague’s home.
- An Award, Article, or Photo Entrapment: Do you have an iconic picture of the retiree hard at work? Was your colleague presented with an important award in their field? Was your guest of honor praised in the press, or did they write an award-winning article? Consider gifting your retiring coworker with a durable Lucite Entrapment of a meaningful photograph or document. These also work well if you’re presenting the retiree with a gag gift, such as a goofy picture from a work party or a superlative award, but don’t forget to include a meaningful gift to compliment the joke!
- A Personalized Embedment Trophy: Does your colleague have an item related to their work that is best displayed in 3D? Lucite Embedments can display EMT, Police or Firefighter badges, medals, newspaper clippings, coins, and more.
- A Photo Album: A personalized photo book is not only a thoughtful way to capture your retiring colleague’s career, but it’s a great way to get the entire organization involved in recognizing the retiree’s service. Ask your coworkers to contribute their favorite photographs of their colleagues and their achievements to be included in a professionally printed book or a detailed scrapbook. Be sure to include extra pages and grab some markers and pens so that everyone in the company can include yearbook-style messages and signatures!
If you’re looking for more retirement gift guidance, the Acrylic Warehouse team has you covered. Our Recognition Specialists can provide more information on our wide range of awards, trophies and personalized gifts and help you create elegant and memorable gifts for your retiring colleagues.